ELECTION DAY - May 2, 2020
Filing dates for Application for Place on Ballot are January 15 - February 14 by 5:00 p.m.
Coming Soon: 2020 Candidate Packet
Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot
Notice of Election
Order of Election
Upper Brushy Creek Water Control and Improvement District is composed of five (5) Directors, elected at large by place numbers. Each serve four (4) year terms and are elected by qualified voters of the District (search your address). The May 2, 2020 election will be for Places 3, 4 and 5.
Place 1 - Casey Clawson (2018 - 2022)
Place 2 - Kathy Cook (2018 - 2022)
Place 3 - Miguel Villarreal (2016 - 2020)
Place 4 - Jeremiah D. Williams (2016 - 2020)
Place 5 - Mike Freeman (2016 - 2020)
ADDITIONAL RESOURCESWilliamson County Elections Department
The following is a list of requirements for candidacy (§49.052, Texas Water Code):
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A resident of the district
- May not be related within the third degree of affinity or consanguinity to a developer of property in the district, any other member of the board, or the manager, engineer, attorney, or other person providing professional services to the district
- May not be an employee of any developer of property in the district or any director, manager, engineer, attorney, or other person providing professional services to the district or a developer of property in the district in connection with the district or property located in the district
- May not be a developer of property in the district
- May not be serving as an attorney, consultant, engineer, manager, architect, or in some other professional capacity for the district or a developer of a property in the district in connection with the district or property located in the district
- May not be a party to a contract with or along with the district except for the purchase of public services furnished by the district to the public generally
- May not be a party to a contract with or along with a developer of property in the district relating to the district or to property within the district, other than a contract limited solely to the purpose of purchasing or conveying real property in the district for the purpose of either establishing a permanent residence, establishing a commercial business within the district, or qualifying as a director.
ABOUT THE ELECTED POSITIONThe directors are paid $150 per meeting attended, which include regular monthly meetings held on the 3rd Thursday of each month beginning at 4 p.m. and committee meetings that are scheduled as needed. Directors may not exceed $7,200 per year, as this is not a full time paid position. Sometimes the meetings can be lengthy, and preparation is required through reviewing background materials. The term is four years.
For additional questions or information, please contact staff at 512-284-7685 or .